WE ARE HIRING
Term: Part-time (transition to Full-time), Permanent
Location: Independent (100% Remote)
Skills: Ecommerce UX/UI, Figma
Experience: 2+ years agency-level experience
➤ Are you looking for a remote opportunity to apply your UI/UX skills?
➤ Are you interested in working and scaling exciting brands from all around the world?
➤ Do you know what it takes to make people ‘tick’ when purchasing online?
➤ Do you think outside of the box and come up with creative solutions?
We are a fast-growing web design and web development agency with offices in Melbourne and Amsterdam and we are seeking for a creative professional to join our team! At Your Digital Media, we take online stores to the next level with stunning designs made with purpose that address our clients’ unique needs from a wide range of markets. UX and conversions is what we like to talk about on a daily basis and we hope you do too!
About the role:
In this newly created role, you will be an experienced and self-managed UX/UI Designer with a background in e-commerce and a flair for graphic design! Thinking outside the box, you will revel in the design and development of well-defined, robust user experiences for our clients’ websites.
True to branding, and with attention to detail, you will implement creative, purposeful and user-centric solutions by:
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Planning and conducting user research and competitor analysis.
- Interpreting data and qualitative feedback to create user stories, personas, and storyboards.
- Determining information architecture and create sitemaps, prototypes and wireframes that clearly illustrate how sites function and appear.
- Turn wireframes and inspiration into unique design solutions tailored to each brand.
- Adhering to style standards on fonts, colours and images relevant to each brand.
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX/UI problems.
- Conducting usability testing and advise on technical capabilities or limitations where relevant.
Experienced in e-commerce UX/UI Design (or similar) of 2 years + in an agency / corporate environment, you have a good eye for visual design along with a positive team player attitude.
- Have an excellent real-life portfolio made for today
- Are highly experienced in working on e-commerce projects
- Have sound experience in UX/UI design software for example: Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop etc
- Have proven experience in research, prototyping and front-end coding
- Can demonstrate capability for designing digital experiences
- Are familiar with user-centred design, human-centred design and/or design thinking practices and techniques
- Demonstrate capacity to work collaboratively with other internal content design teams and external teams (Website Developers)
- Are comfortable with pitching concepts through storyboards and demonstrations
- Are a skilled problem solver, comfortable navigating through ambiguity, with a desire to question the status quo
- Think outside the box and take your own initiative to come up with creative solutions
- Is self-managed and highly detail-oriented
- Have well developed written and oral communication skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to key stakeholders.
- Meets project deadlines and timelines
- Able to handle multiple projects at once
- Has a graphic design background (desired).
How to Apply
If you are a passionate UX/UI Designer who enjoys using your creativity and skills to build an amazing online customer experience, we want to hear from you! Fill in the short application form by clicking on Apply below and we will get back to you the soonest. We review each application thoroughly.